In celebration, I was planning to provide fun links throughout the day, but honestly while I do have quite a bit of time on my hands, not that much. If you have that sort of time on your hands, I suggest clicking the above link and meandering through the site. It’s a pretty good time.
For those of you without that sort of time, I would like to share this gem from the official talk like a pirate site (see the link above):
Top Ten Pickup lines for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day
(We came up with these in an effort to interest The Other Dave (Letterman) in TLAPD. His staff liked ’em, but alas, his show was”dark” the week of Sept. 19.)
10 . Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?
9. Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?
8. Come on up and see me urchins.
7. Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.
6. I’d love to drop anchor in your lagoon.
5. Pardon me, but would ya mind if fired me cannon through your porthole?
4. How’d you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?
3. Ya know, darlinâ€™, Iâ€™m 97 percent chum free.
2. Well blow me down?
And the number one pickup line for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day is â€¦
1. Prepare to be boarded.
Bonus pickup lines (when the ones above don’t work, as they often won’t)
They donâ€™t call me Long John because my head is so big.
Youâ€™re drinking a Salty Dog? Howâ€™d you like to try the real thing?
Wanna shiver me timbers?
Iâ€™ve sailed the seven seas, and youâ€™re the sleekest schooner Iâ€™ve ever sighted.
Brwaack! Polly want a cracker? â€¦ Oh, wait. Thatâ€™s for Talk Like a PARROT Day.
Thatâ€™s the finest pirate booty Iâ€™ve ever laid eyes on.
Let’s get together and haul some keel.
Thatâ€™s some treasure chest youâ€™ve got there.
Top Ten Pickup Lines for the Lady Pirates
By popular demand …
10. What are YOU doing here?
9. Is that a belayin’ pin in yer britches, or are ye … (this one is never completed)
8. Come show me how ye bury yer treasure, lad!
7. So, tell me, why do they call ye, “Cap’n Feathersword?”
6. That’s quite a cutlass ye got thar, what ye need is a good scabbard!
5. Aye, I guarantee ye, I’ve had a twenty percent decrease in me “lice ratio!”
4. I’ve crushed seventeen men’s skulls between me thighs!
3. C’mon, lad, shiver me timbers!
2. RAMMING SPEED!
…and the number one Female Pirate Pick-up Line:
1. You. Pants Off. Now!